FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield firefighters freed a female bicyclist who was trapped underneath an SUV on Stratfield Road at 3:40 p.m. Tuesday, fire officials said.
When first responders arrived at the scene of the accident, they found a female bicyclist trapped underneath the engine compartment of a Subaru SUV and a second bicyclist standing nearby who had also been struck by the car, fire officials said.
Fairfield and Bridgeport firefighters worked together to raise the vehicle in order to pull the injured woman out from under the car, officials said.
Both women were transported to Bridgeport Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Shortly before 4:30 p.m., the fire departments turned the scene over to the Fairfield police to continue investigating the accident.
No futher information was available on the condition of the bicyclists.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk