FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield firefighters freed a female bicyclist who was trapped underneath an SUV on Stratfield Road at 3:40 p.m. Tuesday, fire officials said.
When first responders arrived at the scene of the accident, they found a female bicyclist trapped underneath the engine compartment of a Subaru SUV and a second bicyclist standing nearby who had also been struck by the car, fire officials said.
Fairfield and Bridgeport firefighters worked together to raise the vehicle in order to pull the injured woman out from under the car, officials said.
Both women were transported to Bridgeport Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Shortly before 4:30 p.m., the fire departments turned the scene over to the Fairfield police to continue investigating the accident.
No futher information was available on the condition of the bicyclists.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Investigate Possible Armed Robbery At Fairfield Ice Cream Shop
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield