FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Town of Fairfield will hold a public hearing to discuss the United Illuminating Company's Vegetation Management Program, which is slated to begin Sunday, June 1.
The hearing will be Tuesday, May 27, at Tomlinson Middle School at 7 p.m.
Representatives from UI will give a presentation on the program followed public comment.
First Selectman Mike Tetreau and the town’s Tree Warden, Ken Placko, will also be present.
“Based on requests for more information on UI’s plan to trim or remove trees, I want our citizens, business owners and any organization with trees that may be recommended for pruning or removal, to receive an opportunity to attend this meeting and give input before UI starts this program," Tetreau said in a statement. "This meeting will also help members of our community learn more about how this program will work.”
Tomlinson Middle School is located at 200 Unquowa Road in Fairfield.
- 1 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 2 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 United Illuminating, Fairfield's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks