FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Fairfield voters have two primaries Tuesday: Republicans will pick a gubernatorial candidate and Democrats will choose a candidate for state representative in the 133rd District.
Republican voters across Fairfield will head to the the polls to vote for either Tom Foley or John McKinney. The winner will be on the ballot in November against Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy.
Republicans can also ballots for candidates for the following offices:
- Lieutenant governor: Penny Bacchiochi, Heather Somers or David M. Walker
- Comptroller: Sharon J. McLaughlin or Angel Cadena
Democratic voters in the 133rd District in Fairfield will choose between Cristin McCarthy-Vahey and Matthew Waggner to go up against Republican nominee Carol Way in the fall election.
Polling stations will be open for registered Democrats in the 133rd District and all polling stations will be open for all registered Republicans in town on Tuesday. Here are the locations:
- District 1: Fairfield Senior Center, 100 Mona Terrace
- District 2: St. Pius X School, 824 Brookside Drive
- District 3: Dwight Elementary School, 1600 Redding Road
- District 4: Has changed, instead of voting at Osborn Hill School, voters will go to Fairfield Woods Middle School, 1115 Fairfield Woods Road
- District 5: Mckinley School, 60 Thompson St.
- District 6: Fairfield Warde High School, 755 Melville Ave.
- District 7: North Stratfield School, 190 Putting Green Road
- District 8: Holland Hill School, 200 Meadowcroft Road
- District 9: Fairfield Ludlowe High School, 785 Unquowa Road
- District 10: Roger Sherman School, 250 Fern St.
All polling stations will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. statewide.
Voters can go online to the website for the Secretary of the State at www.sots.ct.gov/vote to see whether they are registered to vote and where their polling place is located.
Voters can also check their polling place here: www.votinginfoproject.org/vit/view/ct_primary_election_2014, a website developed by the Pew Charitable Trusts Voting Information Project in partnership with Google and Microsoft.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station