FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield state Rep. Kim Fawcett, who is running for the 28th District State Senate seat, took part in a recent march to support gun safety laws, according to a press release.
Everytown for Gun Safety, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and several other groups were involved in establishing the event.
Hundreds of demonstrators were involved in the event last month, with dozens boarding buses in Newtown to attend the march in Brooklyn, N.Y. The march began at Cadman Plaza, then crossed the Brooklyn Bridge, ending in front of City Hall in Manhattan.
“It was an absolute honor to be around such passionate advocates,” Fawcett said. “National organizations like Moms Demand Action and Everytown, working alongside local groups like the Newtown Action Alliance, who are here today in force, are leading the country towards safer gun laws and common sense reforms. I’m so proud to live in and work for the state that leads the country in gun safety."
With a social media following of #MarchingMoms, the march drew more than 1,000 people, including gun-safety campaigners and families of Sandy Hook victims.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield