FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy and Republican challenger Tom Foley faced off Wednesday night, Aug. 27, in the first gubernatorial debate for the fall rematch of the 2010 campaign.
Malloy, the former mayor of Stamford, and Foley, a Greenwich businessman, spent a good portion of the debate on Malloy's economic record and Foley's business record, according to CT Mirror.org.
The debate was held onstage at the Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, with both candidates sitting in wingback chairs.
Malloy also apologized for saying three years ago that teachers could gain tenure simply by showing up, CT Mirror.org reported.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire