FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy and Republican challenger Tom Foley faced off Wednesday night, Aug. 27, in the first gubernatorial debate for the fall rematch of the 2010 campaign.
Malloy, the former mayor of Stamford, and Foley, a Greenwich businessman, spent a good portion of the debate on Malloy's economic record and Foley's business record, according to CT Mirror.org.
The debate was held onstage at the Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, with both candidates sitting in wingback chairs.
Malloy also apologized for saying three years ago that teachers could gain tenure simply by showing up, CT Mirror.org reported.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 5 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm