FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy and Republican challenger Tom Foley faced off Wednesday night, Aug. 27, in the first gubernatorial debate for the fall rematch of the 2010 campaign.
Malloy, the former mayor of Stamford, and Foley, a Greenwich businessman, spent a good portion of the debate on Malloy's economic record and Foley's business record, according to CT Mirror.org.
The debate was held onstage at the Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, with both candidates sitting in wingback chairs.
Malloy also apologized for saying three years ago that teachers could gain tenure simply by showing up, CT Mirror.org reported.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk