FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy and Republican challenger Tom Foley faced off Wednesday night, Aug. 27, in the first gubernatorial debate for the fall rematch of the 2010 campaign.
Malloy, the former mayor of Stamford, and Foley, a Greenwich businessman, spent a good portion of the debate on Malloy's economic record and Foley's business record, according to CT Mirror.org.
The debate was held onstage at the Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, with both candidates sitting in wingback chairs.
Malloy also apologized for saying three years ago that teachers could gain tenure simply by showing up, CT Mirror.org reported.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield