FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Republican gubernatorial hopefuls Tom Foley and John McKinney hit the polls early Tuesday to vote in the Connecticut primary.
Both are seeking to be the Republican candidate for governor to challenge incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy in the November election.
Foley voted at about 7 a.m. near his home in Greenwich, accompanied by family and supporters. McKinney cast his ballot a few hours later near his home in Fairfield.
In his Tweet, McKinney said his son, Matt, is voting for the first time. John McKinney said his first vote was for his dad, U.S. Rep. Stewart B. McKinney.
Polls are open statewide until 8 p.m. for registered Republicans to vote in the primary for governor, lieutenant governor and comptroller.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild
- 4 Fairfield Police Assist In Tracking Down Shoplifting Suspects In Westport
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run