FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Republican gubernatorial hopefuls Tom Foley and John McKinney hit the polls early Tuesday to vote in the Connecticut primary.
Both are seeking to be the Republican candidate for governor to challenge incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy in the November election.
Foley voted at about 7 a.m. near his home in Greenwich, accompanied by family and supporters. McKinney cast his ballot a few hours later near his home in Fairfield.
In his Tweet, McKinney said his son, Matt, is voting for the first time. John McKinney said his first vote was for his dad, U.S. Rep. Stewart B. McKinney.
Polls are open statewide until 8 p.m. for registered Republicans to vote in the primary for governor, lieutenant governor and comptroller.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light