FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Representative Town Meeting members for districts 4, 5, 6 and 7 are set to host an open house on Saturday, April 26, in Fairfield.
The open house is scheduled from 9 to 11 a.m. at the MicKinley School library. District residents, which include anyone whose voting location is Osborn Hill, McKinley, Warde, or North Stratfield, are invited to come and share their thoughts about the proposed town budget or any other town-wide or in-district concerns, representatives said in a press release.
The RTM will vote May 5 on the $286 million budget approved by the Board of Finance to fund the town and schools next year, representatives said in the release.
"This would represent an approximately 2.71 percent increase in spending over the current year, and would result in an estimated 2.38 percent property tax increase," representatives said. "The tax increase is lower than the spending increase because of slight growth in total taxable property value within the town."
Residents can stop by during open house hours to speak with their neighborhood representatives.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving