FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Joseph J. Palmer has taken over as the budget director for the Republican caucus of the Fairfield Representative Town Meeting.
Palmer, a third-term RTM Republican from District 4, took over the position for the year's budget cycle. Palmer facilitated Republican caucus budget meetings, budget discussions and budget analysis and generated support for budget initiatives "while working hard to mitigate town spending, and the impact to the taxpayer," according to a press release.
Palmer received the appointment unanimously from the Republican RTM leadership team.
“Rep. Palmer has distinguished himself as a fiscal conservative during his tenure on the RTM," said Peter Ambrose (R-2), RTM finance chairman. “As the former RTM Majority Leader, Joe contributed greatly to the budget conversation last year that ultimately drove the tax increase down to 2.3 percent. I look forward to working with Joe in his new role as the RTM Republican Budget Director.”
Tom Flynn, chairman of the Board of Finance, said Palmer "has a proven track record."
“Joe’s strong negotiation skills and deep relationships with other Town boards should serve the taxpayer well as the budget season unfolds," Flynn said. "I wish Joe much success in this capacity.”
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say