FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield state Rep. Tony Hwang has announced his support for Redding's John Shaban in his run for the U.S. House of Representatives.
Shaban, who represents Weston, Easton and Redding in the 135th State House District, is challenging Dan Debicella for the Republican nomination to run for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 4th District. The winner will take on U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, D-Conn., in the fall.
“I have worked with John in the House to solve problems together to benefit our community," said Hwang in a press release. "He is a man of action, and I am honored to work with him in the Connecticut General Assembly. As an accomplished legislator and lawyer, John brings a wealth of experience and interpersonal skill in making a positive difference.”
Shaban previously received endorsements from the Redding Republican Town Committee, former Easton Republican Town Committee Chairman Hugh Barry, Fairfield Republican Town Committee member Raymond J. Neuberger Jr. and other Republican leaders in Fairfield County, according to the release.
"The only way Republicans will win in November is by appealing to independent/unaffiliated voters. John Shaban has a track record of doing just that," the release said.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Fairfield Roads Remain Closed For Nonessential Travel Due To Snow, Wind