FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield state Rep. Tony Hwang has announced his support for Redding's John Shaban in his run for the U.S. House of Representatives.
Shaban, who represents Weston, Easton and Redding in the 135th State House District, is challenging Dan Debicella for the Republican nomination to run for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 4th District. The winner will take on U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, D-Conn., in the fall.
“I have worked with John in the House to solve problems together to benefit our community," said Hwang in a press release. "He is a man of action, and I am honored to work with him in the Connecticut General Assembly. As an accomplished legislator and lawyer, John brings a wealth of experience and interpersonal skill in making a positive difference.”
Shaban previously received endorsements from the Redding Republican Town Committee, former Easton Republican Town Committee Chairman Hugh Barry, Fairfield Republican Town Committee member Raymond J. Neuberger Jr. and other Republican leaders in Fairfield County, according to the release.
"The only way Republicans will win in November is by appealing to independent/unaffiliated voters. John Shaban has a track record of doing just that," the release said.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 At Least 40 Residents Displaced After Fire Destroys Four Bridgeport Houses