FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Students from Warde High School and Ludlowe High School in Fairfield were honored with acceptance into the 2014 Connecticut Music Educators Association All-State Music Festival.
The honorees will spend two full days in rehearsals in Cromwell before concluding with a concert featuring all ensembles held at the Bushnell Center for Performing Arts in Hartford on April 5.
To be considered for acceptance into this festival, students had to audition for and perform in the Western Region festival held in January at Trumbull High School then again at North Haven High School for the purpose of selecting the top musicians from the four regions.
The list of students accepted for the CMEA All-State Music Festival are as follows:
- Band: Alex Barker, Nicole Bilotto, Eric Derwallis, Davey Hawthorne, Steve McArdle, Peter Nesbitt and Matt Reich.
- Orchestra: Ben Crosby, Bryan Page and Jeffrey Pearson.
- Choir: Jeffrey Dutter, Sofia Wall and Kevin Warten
- Jazz Ensemble: Liam Farrell
- Band: Max Moon, Ryan Blue, Liam Russell and Joe Sugrue.
- Orchestra: Matt Oster, Sagar Gulati, George Wang and Andrew Paik.
- Choir: Evelynne Fulda, Dylan O’Brien, Melissa Wasserman, Zachary Roberge and Madison Rackear.
- Jazz Ensemble: Connor Levinson.
- 1 National Weather Service: Fairfield's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 4 Fairfield Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Fairfield To Celebrate 375th Anniversary With Grand Gala