FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield Ludlowe High School and Fairfield Warde High School were named among the top high schools in Connecticut and received a silver medal rating in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
Ludlowe ranked ninth in the county, 18th in the state and 522nd nationally. Warde ranked 10th in the county, 22nd in the state and 702nd nationally.
U.S. News analyzed more than 31,200 public high schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and has published data on more than 19,400, including student demographics and results on state exams and Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests.
In the national rankings, 500 schools were named gold medal schools, 1,519 schools took home silver medals and 2,688 were awarded bronze.
The top ten schools in Fairfield County include:
1. Weston High School
2. Wilton High School
3. Ridgefield High School
4. Staples High School
5. Darien High School
6. Joel Barlow High School
7. Greenwich High School
8. New Canaan High School
9. Fairfield Ludlowe High School
10. Fairfield Warde High School
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place