FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Fairfield Board of Education recently voted to reverse a change in dates for spring break for the 2015 school year, according to the Fairfield Citizen.
In December, the school board had voted 5-4 to move spring break to March 30 through April 6, 2015. But it reversed the ruling Tuesday, March 11, and will have break run from April 13 through April 17, 2015, the Fairfield Citizen reported.
The change had been intended to better accommodate high school athletes and upperclassmen looking to visit colleges. But the board reversed the decision due to the impact the move would have had on elementary and middle school students, the Fairfield Citizen said.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 5 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal