FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A note scribbled on a desk at Fairfield Warde High School that said "Going to bomb school" was not a credible threat, police said Thursday in a statement.
The note found Thursday indicated the threat was for Friday, police said.
"There are no indications that the message is credible, especially in light of several recent and similar bomb hoaxes in the area," Fairfield police said in a statement.
The Fairfield Police Department is investigating this message and taking steps to ensure that the school is safe.
Fairfield Warde High School and all other schools in town will be open Friday, May 9, police said.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Fairfield; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report