FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A note scribbled on a desk at Fairfield Warde High School that said "Going to bomb school" was not a credible threat, police said Thursday in a statement.
The note found Thursday indicated the threat was for Friday, police said.
"There are no indications that the message is credible, especially in light of several recent and similar bomb hoaxes in the area," Fairfield police said in a statement.
The Fairfield Police Department is investigating this message and taking steps to ensure that the school is safe.
Fairfield Warde High School and all other schools in town will be open Friday, May 9, police said.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders