FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A note scribbled on a desk at Fairfield Warde High School that said "Going to bomb school" was not a credible threat, police said Thursday in a statement.
The note found Thursday indicated the threat was for Friday, police said.
"There are no indications that the message is credible, especially in light of several recent and similar bomb hoaxes in the area," Fairfield police said in a statement.
The Fairfield Police Department is investigating this message and taking steps to ensure that the school is safe.
Fairfield Warde High School and all other schools in town will be open Friday, May 9, police said.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 5 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal