FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A note scribbled on a desk at Fairfield Warde High School that said "Going to bomb school" was not a credible threat, police said Thursday in a statement.
The note found Thursday indicated the threat was for Friday, police said.
"There are no indications that the message is credible, especially in light of several recent and similar bomb hoaxes in the area," Fairfield police said in a statement.
The Fairfield Police Department is investigating this message and taking steps to ensure that the school is safe.
Fairfield Warde High School and all other schools in town will be open Friday, May 9, police said.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 5 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards