FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A note scribbled on a desk at Fairfield Warde High School that said "Going to bomb school" was not a credible threat, police said Thursday in a statement.
The note found Thursday indicated the threat was for Friday, police said.
"There are no indications that the message is credible, especially in light of several recent and similar bomb hoaxes in the area," Fairfield police said in a statement.
The Fairfield Police Department is investigating this message and taking steps to ensure that the school is safe.
Fairfield Warde High School and all other schools in town will be open Friday, May 9, police said.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 3 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 4 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield