FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Mimi Maniscalco will take over as principal of Fairfield’s Dwight Elementary School this summer, Schools Superintendent David Title said in a news release last week.
Maniscalco is currently an interim assistant principal of New Canaan’s Saxe Middle School. She also has experience as an early literacy tutor and a lead preschool teacher at the Norwalk YMCA. Maniscalco holds a bachelor of arts degree from Curry College, and master of arts and sixth-year degrees from Sacred Heart University.
The position is a return to Fairfield for Maniscalco, who worked for Fairfield Public Schools as a first-, second- and sixth-grade teacher for 14 years before taking a position in New Canaan. She was also Fairfield’s Summer School principal for two summers during her time in Fairfield.
“Please join me in welcoming Ms. Maniscalco to the Dwight community and wishing her well in her new assignment,” Title wrote in a letter to parents.
Maniscalco will take over for Carol Spangler, who has been Dwight’s acting principal since March. Spangler took over on a temporary basis after Scott Bannon was placed on indefinite leave for undisclosed reasons this spring. Maniscalco starts July 1.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Bridgeport Man With Stealing From Grandparents
- 5 Fairfield Selectmen Approve New $6.2 Million Penfield Project