DARIEN, Conn. -- Kevin Sullivan, a Darien native, scored a goal for Union College as it won the NCAA Hockey Championship over the weekend, according to ESPN.com.
Union College beat Minnesota, 7-4, in the championship game Saturday night in Philadelphia. It is the first NCAA championship for the Schenectady, N.Y., college.
Union scored three times in a 1:54 span in the first period, according to ESPN.
Mike Vecchione, Eli Lichtenwald, Daniel Ciampini, Shayne Gostisbehere, Max Novak, and Mat Bodie also scored. Colin Stevens made 36 saves in the goal for Union.
Sullivan attended the Berkshire School.
Read more about the game at the ESPN website.
- 1 Doctor From Fairfield Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 2 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 3 Driver Critically Injured In Collision With Tractor-Trailer In Fairfield
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme