DARIEN, Conn. -- Kevin Sullivan, a Darien native, scored a goal for Union College as it won the NCAA Hockey Championship over the weekend, according to ESPN.com.
Union College beat Minnesota, 7-4, in the championship game Saturday night in Philadelphia. It is the first NCAA championship for the Schenectady, N.Y., college.
Union scored three times in a 1:54 span in the first period, according to ESPN.
Mike Vecchione, Eli Lichtenwald, Daniel Ciampini, Shayne Gostisbehere, Max Novak, and Mat Bodie also scored. Colin Stevens made 36 saves in the goal for Union.
Sullivan attended the Berkshire School.
Read more about the game at the ESPN website.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare