DARIEN, Conn. -- Kevin Sullivan, a Darien native, scored a goal for Union College as it won the NCAA Hockey Championship over the weekend, according to ESPN.com.
Union College beat Minnesota, 7-4, in the championship game Saturday night in Philadelphia. It is the first NCAA championship for the Schenectady, N.Y., college.
Union scored three times in a 1:54 span in the first period, according to ESPN.
Mike Vecchione, Eli Lichtenwald, Daniel Ciampini, Shayne Gostisbehere, Max Novak, and Mat Bodie also scored. Colin Stevens made 36 saves in the goal for Union.
Sullivan attended the Berkshire School.
Read more about the game at the ESPN website.
- 1 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild
- 5 Fairfield Police Assist In Tracking Down Shoplifting Suspects In Westport