DARIEN, Conn. -- Kevin Sullivan, a Darien native, scored a goal for Union College as it won the NCAA Hockey Championship over the weekend, according to ESPN.com.
Union College beat Minnesota, 7-4, in the championship game Saturday night in Philadelphia. It is the first NCAA championship for the Schenectady, N.Y., college.
Union scored three times in a 1:54 span in the first period, according to ESPN.
Mike Vecchione, Eli Lichtenwald, Daniel Ciampini, Shayne Gostisbehere, Max Novak, and Mat Bodie also scored. Colin Stevens made 36 saves in the goal for Union.
Sullivan attended the Berkshire School.
Read more about the game at the ESPN website.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Fairfield
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Flags To Fly At Half-Staff In Fairfield Until Noon On Memorial Day