DARIEN, Conn. -- Kevin Sullivan, a Darien native, scored a goal for Union College as it won the NCAA Hockey Championship over the weekend, according to ESPN.com.
Union College beat Minnesota, 7-4, in the championship game Saturday night in Philadelphia. It is the first NCAA championship for the Schenectady, N.Y., college.
Union scored three times in a 1:54 span in the first period, according to ESPN.
Mike Vecchione, Eli Lichtenwald, Daniel Ciampini, Shayne Gostisbehere, Max Novak, and Mat Bodie also scored. Colin Stevens made 36 saves in the goal for Union.
Sullivan attended the Berkshire School.
Read more about the game at the ESPN website.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community