FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield American defeated Norwalk on Sunday, 10-7, to win the Division 1 Little League Tournament in Orange.
Fairfield American plays Farmington on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Orange for the Section 1 championship. The winner of that game will play the Section 2 winner in a three-game series for the state championship.
The Americans, who won three straight state championships from 2010 to 2012, lost for the first time this summer on Saturday when Norwalk posted an 8-4 victory.
That set up Sunday’s winner-take-all game. Jamie Flink’s two-run homer in the top of the sixth snapped a 7-7 tie, and Brian Howell followed with a solo shot. Howell got the final three outs.
Farmington went 3-0 to win Division 2, including a 3-2 win over Seymour on Sunday. Wednesday's winner will play for the state title beginning Saturday in Harwinton.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders