FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield American Little League swept South Windsor to win the Connecticut Little League championship over the weekend in Harwinton.
Farifield National’s 10-year-old Little League All-Stars play Mystic on Monday in the deciding game of that tournament.
Fairfield American defeated South Windsor on Sunday, 12-2, after winning the opening game of the best-of-three series, 10-0, on Saturday. It was the fourth state title in five years for Fairfield American, which begins play in the New England Regional on Friday in Bristol. Fairfield American will play the Vermont champion, Williston, in its first game Friday at 8:15.
Fairfield National split the first two games with Mystic in the 10-year-old tournament. National won Saturday’s opening game, 10-6. Mystic won on Sunday, 9-8.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 3 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy