FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield American Little League swept South Windsor to win the Connecticut Little League championship over the weekend in Harwinton.
Farifield National’s 10-year-old Little League All-Stars play Mystic on Monday in the deciding game of that tournament.
Fairfield American defeated South Windsor on Sunday, 12-2, after winning the opening game of the best-of-three series, 10-0, on Saturday. It was the fourth state title in five years for Fairfield American, which begins play in the New England Regional on Friday in Bristol. Fairfield American will play the Vermont champion, Williston, in its first game Friday at 8:15.
Fairfield National split the first two games with Mystic in the 10-year-old tournament. National won Saturday’s opening game, 10-6. Mystic won on Sunday, 9-8.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station