FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Rowers from New Canaan, Darien, Westport and Southport were named to the USRowing Under-23 team that will compete in the World Rowing U23 Championships July 24-28 in Linz, Austria.
Norwalk’s Yan Vengerovskiy, the coach at Norwalk’s Maritime Rowing Club, will be on the U.S. coaching staff.
New Canaan’s Andrew Campbell will row in the lightweight men’s single sculls. Matt Podlesak, of New Canaan, and Darien’s Parker Lange will compete on the lightweight men’s quadruple sculls. Westport’s Max Meyer-Bosse will row on the Men’s Eight, and Michael Davidson, of Southport, will compete on the men’s four with coxswain.
Westport’s Elizabeth Youngling will compete in women’s double sculls.
The U.S. won medals in three events at last year’s regatta in Lithuania. The complete team list is on the USRowing website.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say