FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Fairfield Giants Pee Wee cheerleaders won the New England championship and will compete for the Pop Warner National Championship next month in Orlando, Fla.
They are the second team in the Giants’ 46-year history to compete for a national title. The 2008 Giants Junior Midget football team won a national title in 2008.
The girls previously won Southern Connecticut Pop Warner and state competitions.
The team needs $20,000 to make the trip to Florida. Readers can support the team through an online donation. The girls will also be collecting donations at the Thanksgiving Day football game between Fairfield Ludlowe and Fairfield Warde on Nov. 22, and at the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce’s Arrival of Santa at Sherman Green on Nov. 24.
The team is comprised of Haley Sepot, JoAnna Moomjian, Jillian Hetherman, Michaela Murdock, Teddie Tarczali, Samantha Epperson, Juliana Scholz, Gianna Pulito, Hannah Landesberg and Cassie Llewellyn. Emma Pippert and Mackenzie Tarczali are student coaches.
Photo: Top, left to right: Emma Pippert (student coach), Haley Sepot, JoAnna Moomjian, Jillian Hetherman, Michaela Murdock, Teddie Tarczali and Mackenzie Tarczali (student coach). Front, left to right: Samantha Epperson, Juliana Scholz, Gianna Pulito, Hannah Landesberg and Cassie Llewellyn.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued