FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Fairfield Giants Pee Wee Cheerleaders were honored by the Board of Selectmen this week after a fall that saw them place among the top five teams in the country.
The girls, ages 9 to 12, won the Southern Connecticut and Connecticut State Championships as well as the New England Regional Championships earlier this fall. Their success took them to the Pop Warner National Championships in Orlando, Fla., where they placed fifth in their age group.
Each member of the team and their coaches received a commendation from First Selectman Michael Tetreau and the Board of Selectmen before Wednesday’s board meeting.
“I know it takes a lot of hard work,” Tetreau said Wednesday. “I had a chance to participate in the Pop Warner football program for a number of years, and I know that the cheerleaders often work harder than the football players.”
The members of the winning squad honored Wednesday included Haley Sepot, JoAnna Moomjian, Jillian Hetherman, Michaela Murdock, Teddie Tarczali, Samantha Epperson, Juliana Scholz, Gianna Pulito, Hannah Landesberg and Cassie Llewellyn.
- 1 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 2 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 United Illuminating, Fairfield's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday