FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield Prep has been named one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
Prep ranked fourth on the list prepared by Max Preps, which had Southington listed as its top team. Hand High School of Madison was ranked second, and Ansonia High is ranked third.
Prep went 11-3 last year and lost in the semifinals of the Class LL Tournament to Southington. The Jesuits return quarterback Colton Smith (3,607 total yards, 29 rushing touchdowns) to lead the offense, which also includes standout receiver John DelliSanti (45 catches, nine touchdowns).
Linemen Arthur Mansolillo (6-1, 280 pounds) and Anthony Palazzolo (6-6, 323), a Boston College recruit, should help pave the way for Prep’s offense.
Fairfield Prep plays Stamford High in its first regular season game on Thursday, Sept. 11.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield