FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield Prep has been named one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
Prep ranked fourth on the list prepared by Max Preps, which had Southington listed as its top team. Hand High School of Madison was ranked second, and Ansonia High is ranked third.
Prep went 11-3 last year and lost in the semifinals of the Class LL Tournament to Southington. The Jesuits return quarterback Colton Smith (3,607 total yards, 29 rushing touchdowns) to lead the offense, which also includes standout receiver John DelliSanti (45 catches, nine touchdowns).
Linemen Arthur Mansolillo (6-1, 280 pounds) and Anthony Palazzolo (6-6, 323), a Boston College recruit, should help pave the way for Prep’s offense.
Fairfield Prep plays Stamford High in its first regular season game on Thursday, Sept. 11.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield