FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- With the Stratton Faxon Fairfield 5K & Half Marathon slated to take place this weekend, traffic will be impacted in the downtown and beach areas, police said.
The 5K race will take place Saturday, June 21, and will impact the Fairfield Beach, Reef and Rowland Road Areas between 8 and 9 a.m.
The Half Marathon will take place Sunday, June 22. Here are the road closures and expected delays:
- Residents south of the Old Post Road between Reef Road and Beach Road should expect traffic delays between 8:15 and 8:35 a.m. and again when runners return between 9:15 and 10:45 a.m.
- Residents south of Oldfield Rd between Reef Road and Sasco Hill Road should expect delays between 8:20 and 8:45 a.m. and again when runners return between 9:15 and 10:30 a.m.
- Residents on and south of Pequot Avenue and Westway Road as well as Oxford Road should expect delays between 8:25 and 9:45 a.m..
The course map can be found at www.fairfieldhalf.org. The races are hosted by the Fairfield firefighters and benefit many local and regional charities. Last year, over $400,000. was raised.
The public is invited to come out and cheer on the 4,000 runners participating.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money