FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield’s Connor Rog was named the Freshman of the Year in the Atlantic Coast Conference after finishing 18th in the league championship race last weekend.
Rog, a graduate of Fairfield Prep, finished 18th overall in the race and fourth for the Cavaliers. Virginia finished second as a team behind Virginia Tech. Rog earned the honor after being the top true freshman runner in the race.
“This is just my second 8K and running with the best runners in the ACC is amazing,” Rog said on the Virginia website. “The race itself was insane, we went out really fast. Around the 2K mark, I fell around a corner, so that was a little scary. After the 4K to 6K part, which is the toughest portion of the race, Thomas Porter and I got rolling. I’m excited to be the top freshman, but I want to be up there further.”
Virginia runs in the Panorama Farms Open on Saturday, and in the Southeast Regional Championships on Nov. 9. The NCAA Championships are Nov. 17.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Fairfield
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Flags To Fly At Half-Staff In Fairfield Until Noon On Memorial Day