FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Fairfield Fury softball team defeated Norwalk Riptide, 6-2, to win the 12-and-under B Division championship in the Fairfield County Fastpitch Softball League.
The Fury girls went 3-0 in pool play leading up to Sunday's elimination round. Fury was seeded No. 2 behind Norwalk.
On Sunday, the Fury girls started the day by beating New Fairfield and Brookfield to advance to the championship game.
In the championship game, Norwalk took the early lead, but Fairfield came storming back to take control of the game and close it out.
With the win on Sunday, the league season is over for the Fairfield Fury.
Tryouts for next year’s team will be held at Dougiello Field in Fairfield on Aug. 5 for 9- and 10-year-old players, Aug. 6 for 11- and 12-year-old players and Aug. 7 for 13-and-under, 14-and-under and 16-and-under players. All tryouts are from 6 to 8 p.m.
Team picture (from left): Emma Romeo, Bella Bookas, Sammy Juthnas, Sarah Szuchman, Margaret Nolan, Bridget Keary and Jasmine Castro; (second row) Kylee Holderied, Caroline Belinsky, Haley Bivens, Sydnee DiNatale, Serena Ta, and Molly Meehan; (third row coaches) Bill Juthnas, Dennis Nolan, Chris Meehan, Kurt Holderied, Jimmy Keary and Mark Szuchman.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI