NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk-based Connecticut Boat Club won a silver medal Sunday in the Women's 8+ A Final at the USRowing Youth Championships in Rancho Cordova, Calif.
Connecticut Boat Club's team included Casey Clifford of New Canaan, Kendra Shutts of Darien, Katherine Squitieri of Wilton, Katie deHaas of Darien, Courtney Lincoln of Darien, Isabel Fitter of Fairfield, Meg Galloway of Ridgefield, Paige Voigt of Darien and Jessica Ferrante of Fairfield.
Oakland Strokes won the A final in 7:03.897 for the 2,000-meter course. CBC was second in 7:10.421. Oakland also beat CBC in Saturday's semifinals. The Norwalk-based team won its opening heat on Friday.
Connecticut Boat Club was the only team from Northeast in the Grand Final. Teams from the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, Northwest, Southwest, and Central divisions were also represented in the Grand Final. To watch CBC’s race go to 6:00 here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uEdHB4FlXU
CBC still has a few spots open for their summer rowing program for experienced and new rowers. The schedule will be the following:
- June 23 to July 3 (Monday to Friday except July 4)
- July 7 to July 18 (Monday to Friday)
- July 21 to Aug. 1 (Monday to Friday)
- Aug. 4 to Aug. 15 (Monday to Friday)
All interested students should email Coach Liz Trond at Liz@ctboatclub.org to sign up. The cost is $550 per two-week session.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield
- 4 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport