FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories around Fairfield County last week:
- Residents all over the state prepared for a blizzard, shutting down roads, stopping the trains and closing businesses. Although the storm dropped about a half-foot to a foot of snow across Fairfield County, as a blizzard it fizzled out.
- A Fairfield dad was charged with driving under the influence with his two kids in the car after a trip sledding, police said.
- Bridgeport Police are investigating threats made against Mayor Bill Finch after he discussed climate change with Al Sharpton on MSNBC.
- A 50-year-old man committed suicide in a bathroom Sears at the Danbury Fair Mall on Saturday. It remains under police investigation.
- Ridgefield's George Landegger, CEO of International Pulp Mill Co., pleaded guilty in Manhattan federal court to hiding over $8.4 million in secret Swiss bank accounts.
- Some of the best elementary schools that Connecticut has to offer can be found in Wilton , Weston , Westport and New Canaan .
- High schools in Wilton , Weston , Easton/Redding , Westport , Norwalk and New Canaan were also among the best in the state.
- A Darien man who works in a town restaurant was arrested on charges of selling pot to teens, police said.
- A false alarm sent Rogers International School in Stamford into lockdown after a custodian dropped his alarm while he was shoveling snow and inadvertently activated it when he picked it up, police said.
- A suspect who appeared to be a short 40-year-old woman brandishing a gun robbed a bank on Friday on East Putnam Avenue in Greenwich, police said.
- Tex-Mex food chain Chipotle is preparing to open its second location in Greenwich.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.