FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Grab an umbrella and get ready for some much needed rain as a high pressure system shifts to the East bringing a chance of showers and high humidity to Fairfield County.
According to the National Weather Service, the front could also bring thunderstorms by Tuesday afternoon and into the evening. Sunny skies should return by Thursday.
Here's what to expect for the next few days:
- Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 79. South wind around 14 mph.
- Monday night: A 20 percent chance of showers after 10 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind 7 to 9 mph. The chance of rain is 30 percent.
- Tuesday night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8 p.m., then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight. The chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
- Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 4 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Wednesday night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.