A Fairfield man lost several fingers in a snow-blower accident Wednesday morning. Fairfield Police received the call at about 11:23 a.m. from a home on Arbor Drive. The 47-year-old man was rushed to St. Vincents Hospital for treatment.
As a rule, never put your hands near snow-blower blades, even if the machine is turned off. The American Association for Surgery of the Hand recommends disconnecting the spark plugs before attempting to clear blockages, and even then using a tool or another object instead of your hands.
Do you have any more information about this accident, or ones like it? Send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.