FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Fairfield Chamber of Commerce and The Norma Pfriem Breast Center will host its first lecture in the new 2016-17 series of nine “Evenings of Wellness” on Sept. 14.
The first lecture topic is "Supplements: Are They Really Working for You?" It will be led by Dr. Veronica Waks, and she will discuss vitamin and mineral supplements answering whether they are effective and if consumers should focus on dosages or brand as well as how food can have an impact.
The Fairfield Chamber of Commerce invites its membership, and the public, to hear the most current and up-to-date information on these important topics.at The Norma Pfriem Breast Center at 111 Beach Road, second floor in Fairfield. The event is free and open to the public RSVP by Sept. 9. For access to limited Seating call the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce at (203)- 255-1011.
Waks, is a licensed naturopathic physician. She combines a contemporary naturopathic approach to healing with insights of a medical doctor. She uses the latest techniques of botanical, physical, and behavioral medicine to help her patients regain and maintain their health, a process she encourages her patients to be actively involved in. She graduated from the University of Bridgeport, College of Naturopathic Medicine and received her medical degree from Vladivostok Medical University.
The following are the dates and topics for the remainder of the nine-part:
- Oct. 5: Nancy Church, Norma Pfriem Breast Center/Community Education coordinator: “Breast Health and You” (National Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
- Nov. 2: Betty Johnson, Bigelow Tea spokesperson: “The Health Properties of Tea.”
- Jan. 4: Cassandra Mulcahy, Music Therapist: “Stress Reduction Through Music”
- Feb. 1: Dr. Ram Gordon: “Heart Health” (National Heart Month)
- March 1: TBD
- April 5: Dr. David Mulligan: “Organ Donation” (National Donate Life Month)
- May 4: TBD
- June 7: Dr. Jeremy Kaufman: “Men’s Health” (National Men’s Health Month)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.