State Police will be ramping up patrols through the end of July 4th weekend.
During the July 4, 2017, weekend, Connecticut State Troopers issued 1,368 tickets for speeding, 2,941 tickets for moving violations and made 60 arrests for driving under the influence. Troopers also investigated 398 motor vehicle crashes. A total of 50 accidents involved injuries and one led to a fatality, state police said.
On Monday, state police announced detail locations in western Connecticut:
- Tuesday, July 3 Roving Patrols - Interstates 91 and 95 and Route 34 in greater New Haven.
- Wednesday, July 4 Roving Patrol - Interstate 95 and Routes 8 and 25 in the Bridgeport, Stratford and Trumbull areas.
- Thursday, July 5 Roving Patrols - Interstate 95 in Stamford, Norwalk, Greenwich and Route 7 in the Norwalk area
- Friday, July 6 Roving Patrols - Route 15 (Merritt Parkway) from New York State Line to the Sikorsky Bridge.
- Tuesday, July 3 through Sunday July 7 State police also plan DUI roving patrols and additional sobriety checkpoints throughout Connecticut.
State Troopers said they will patrol in increased numbers to keep roads and highways safe for all drivers.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.