It’s no secret that Fairfield County is home to some of the nation’s finest public school districts.
But which top the list?
Niches rankings are “based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education.”
Using a weighted scale that includes academic grades (50 percent), teacher’s grades (15 percent), culture and diversity (10 percent), parent-student surveys (10 percent) and other factors (which can be found here), Niche determined the top school districts throughout the country.
In case you missed earlier Daily Voice coverage, numerous teams made the cut from Fairfield County in Niche's 2018 rankings.
Niche.com tells Daily Voice 2019 rankings will be released prior to the start of the 2018-school year.
Here are highlights of the 2018 rankings:
The first six ranked school districts are all from Fairfield County. Here are schools in the county that were among the Top 20 in the state.
- Westport School District (1st in Connecticut);
- New Canaan School District (2nd);
- Darien School District (3rd);
- Weston School District (4th);
- Wilton Public Schools (5th);
- Greenwich School District (6th;)
- Fairfield School District (12th);
- Newtown School District (13th);
- Ridgefield School District (17th);
- Trumbull School District (19th);
The complete ranking from Niche can be found here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.