FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- A 43-year-old man, Derrick Best, who failed to sign up with the state's Sex Offender Registry was arrested by officers responding to a trespassing call at the Fairfield Motor Inn.
- A driver, 23-year-old Mark Wittkofske of Milford, was arrested on a drunken driving charge after traveling erratically toward Westport on the Post Road, including driving on a sidewalk.
- Allen Liptak, 38, of Fairfield, was charged with disorderly conduct and violation of a protective order after an argument with his ex-wife escalated.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed they are investigating the death.
- A 29-year-old driver, Adam Litze of Stratford, was arrested after a Fairfield police officer stopped his car for speeding while on a routine patrol, and found fireworks and weapons in the car.
Fairfield police arrested 27-year-old Mario Posta of Stratford in connection with an incident last month when he went into the Yellow Moon Toy store and yelled at an employee, scaring customers.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract